Saturday, May 20, 2006

Mini Meatloaf



I used my usual Liption Onion Mix Meatloaf recipe to make these mini meatloafs. And, taking an idea from this old Kraft calendar I saved, I portioned them into a muffin baking sheet, instead of a loaf pan. Good for portioning, and freezing leftovers into portions for future lunches/quick dinners.

I also made brown rice, influenced by my Dad, who has been encouraging me to eat healthier. Since brown rice is not the tastiest rice on its own, I tried to add some flavor to it. I took this idea from a recipe post on RecipeZaar.com, and made it with margerine, minced garlic, minced onion flakes, S&P, and chicken broth. Very tasty! The trick is to simmer the 1 cup of rice for the full 40 minutes, so that its tender.

With a side of greek salad, and paired with Vendange 2004 Shiraz wine, a very nice, healthy, and satisfying Saturday night dinner.

No comments: